As part of a recent Meme Monday, I asked bloggers to write about what the term “SQL Family” meant to them. This page is a collection of posts that were written as a result. They are in no particular order of importance, they just are.
If you want to write a post, it’s ok, there is no real deadline with a Meme Monday post. Once you write your post, let me know about it, and I will add it to this page.
At some point I will add in some summaries for each, and probably my own summary post.
- Bob Pusateri (blog | @SQLBob) with http://www.bobpusateri.com/archive/2011/11/thoughts-on-sqlfamily/
- Nick Haslam (blog | @nhaslam) with http://blog.nhaslam.com/2011/11/07/my-sqlfamily-mememonday/
- Pat Wright (blog | @SQLAsylum) with http://sqlasylum.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/sql-family/
- Ameena Lalani (blog | @SQLHands) with http://alalani123.tumblr.com/post/12470134850/mememonday-november
- TJay Belt (blog | @tjaybelt) with http://tjaybelt.blogspot.com/2011/11/meme-monday-sql-family.html
- Robert Davis (blog | @SQLSoldier) with http://www.sqlsoldier.com/wp/sqlserver/sqlfamilysqlnomz
- Allan Hirt (blog | @SQLHA) with http://www.sqlha.com/2011/11/07/meme-monday-sqlfamily/
- Jes Schultz Borland (blog | @grrl_geek) with http://blogs.lessthandot.com/index.php/DataMgmt/DBAdmin/what-sqlfamily-means-to-me
- Rebecca Mitchell (blog | @SQLPrincess) with http://tsqlprincess.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/sql-family-nuts-about-sql/
- Karen Lopez (blog | @datachick) with http://blog.infoadvisors.com/index.php/2011/11/07/what-does-sqlfamily-mean-to-me-mememonday/
- K. Brian Kelley (blog | @kbriankelley) with http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/brian_kelley/archive/2011/11/07/meme-monday-sqlfamily.aspx
- Robert Pearl (blog | @PearlKnows) with http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/pearlknows/archive/2011/11/07/mememe-meme-monday-what-sqlfamily-means-to-me.aspx
- Erin Stellato (blog | @erinstellato) with http://erinstellato.com/2011/11/meme-monday-sqlfamily-means-me/
- Jason Brimhall (blog | @sqlrnnr) with http://jasonbrimhall.info/2011/11/07/we-are-family/
- Tamera (as in ‘camera’) Clark (blog | @TamaraClark) with http://clarkcreations.net/blog/2011/11/07/sqlfamily/
- Kerry Tyler (blog | @AirborneGeek) with http://www.airbornegeek.com/2011/11/meme-monday-sqlfamily/
- Yanni Robel (blog | @YanniRobel) with http://yannirobel.com/archive/2011/11/meme-monday-sqlfamily/
- Grant Fritchey (blog | @gfritchey) with http://www.scarydba.com/2011/11/07/meme-monday-sql-family/
- Thomas Rushton (blog | @ThomasRushton) with http://thelonedba.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/meme-monday-what-sqlfamily-means-to-me/
- Wil Sisney (blog | @HanSQL) with http://hansql.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/sql-family/
- Dale Hirt (blog | @msftdba) with http://blogs.technet.com/b/msftdba/archive/2011/11/07/what-sqlfamily-means-to-me.aspx
- Luke Jian (blog |@sensware) with http://blog.sqlpositive.com/2011/11/we-are-family/
- Joey D’Antoni (blog | @jdanton) with http://joedantoni.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/what-my-sql-family-means-to-me/
- Tom Roush (blog | @GEEQL) with http://geeql.com/2011/11/07/sql-family-%E2%80%93-and-sql-meme-mondays/
- Gary Ciszewski (blog | @wnylibrarian) with http://www.librisibyllini.com/?p=789
- Doug Lane (blog | @douglane4) with http://www.douglane.net/meme-monday-what-sqlfamily-means-to-me/
- Malathi Mahadevan (blog | @sqlmal) with http://diligentdba.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/on-sql-family/
- Wes Brown (blog | @SQLServerIO) with http://sqlserverio.com/2011/11/08/what-sqlfamily-means-to-me/
- Tim Mitchell (blog | @tim_mitchell) with http://www.timmitchell.net/post/2011/11/07/what-is-sqlfamily.aspx
- Joshuha Owen (blog | @JoshuhaOwen) with http://bitsbyteswords.com/2011/11/what-does-sqlfamily-mean/
- Argenis Fernandez (blog | @DBArgenis) with http://sqlblog.com/blogs/argenis_fernandez/archive/2011/11/09/a-late-meme-monday-post-on-sqlfamily.aspx
- Wendy Pastrick (blog | @wendy_dance) with http://wendyverse.blogspot.com/2011/11/sql-family-is.html
- Allen White (blog | @sqlrunr) with http://sqlblog.com/blogs/allen_white/archive/2011/11/11/we-are-sqlfamily.aspx
- Tracy McKibben (blog | @RealSQLGuy) with http://www.real-sql-guy.com/2011/11/justice-league-of-sqlfamily.html
- Colin Stasiuk (blog | @ColinStasiuk) with http://benchmarkitconsulting.com/colin-stasiuk/2011/12/01/sqlfamily-thoughts/
- 10 December 2011 at 8:12pm
- Help the #SQLFamily Give Back 15 December 2011 at 10:12am
- What #SQLFamily means to me | UNIQUE and NOT DULL 04 March 2013 at 8:03am
- Pro SQL Server 2012 Practices: Chapter 17 | Home Of The Scary DBA 07 November 2013 at 8:11am
- Justice League of #SQLFamily - RealSQLGuy 20 March 2015 at 6:03pm
- (Personal) Kanban Myths: The Myth of The Process - SQL Server - SQL Server - Toad World
[...] just like this.Back in November, the SQL Server team witnessed an outpouring of ...
[...] ( Blog | Twitter ) and Karen Lopez ( Blog | Twitter ) started the #SQLFamily meme ...
[...] Bossy (b|t) is a great guy and a part of my SQL Family. We run into each other all ...
[…] with a dilemma – I really want to contribute something serious to Thomas ...
[…] on his Facebook timeline. Joe’s an influential guy in the tech community ...